In an ideal world, casino welcome bonus should be free credits given to new customers. If the customer wins, the winnings should be cashable; if the customer loses, the bonus is lost. However, in reality, casino welcome bonuses are far being the “free” credits they intend to be.
Many casino welcome offers are too tantalising to ignore, yet, after a little digging you realised that all of these offers have a long list of conditions. For example, no-deposit bonus, free spins and first-deposit bonus are some of the most popular bonus types offered by UK online casinos. These offers typically require customers agreeing to a wagering requirement plus some conditions. On average a typical wagering requirement is between 35 to 40-times, and can be as high as 70-times of the bonus amount. For example, in order to withdraw a bonus or the winnings resulted from the bonus, if it has a 35-times wagering requirement, the bonus must be wagered 35 times.
These wagering requirement and conditions must be met before the bonus and the bonus winnings are eligible for withdrawal. In other words, there are no free bonus to take away.
Wagering requirement is the most important condition of traditional casino welcome bonuses. Wagering requirement specifies the number of times the bonus must be wagered before eligible for withdrawal, typically ranges from 30 to 40 times of the bonus amount. Then, there is time limit, different contributing weights of different games, etc. making keep track of the wagering requirement cumbersome and error-prone.
Recently, a new trend of casino welcome promotion has started. It revolves around online casino without wagering requirements. Those offers are no wagering free spins, no-wagering no-deposit bonus, and no-wagering first-deposit bonus, etc.
No wagering casinos are online casinos without wagering requirements. No wagering casinos do not require customers to wager the bonus amount a number of times prior to withdrawal. For new customers, there are no wagering free spins, no-wagering no-deposit bonus, and no-wagering first-deposit bonus. For existing customers, there are no wagering reload bonus or no-wagering loyalty bonus. Bonuses with low wager requirements is also considered a part of this type of bonus.
1. At no wagering casinos, customers don’t need worry about different contributing weights of various games. There is no need to track wagered bonus progression.
Different games have different contributing weight toward wagering requirement. Games with higher return-to-player rates tend to have lower contribution weight towards the wagering requirement.
Games with lower return-to-player rates tend to have higher contribution weight. The variation of contribution weight of different games makes keeping track of completing wagering requirement cumbersome.
2. There is no time wasted to meet wagering requirement. This can save customer a lot of time compare to bonuses that requires wagering requirement.
3. There is no need to worry about the time limit – usually 7 days since receiving the bonus credit. Customers are not pressured into completing wagering requirement before the deadline – this is such a relief especially when some wagering requirements are as high as 40-70 times.
4. Higher likelihood to retain the bonus and the winnings compare to bonuses with wagering requirements. The higher the wagering requirement, the longe it takes to complete, the more likely it is to result in the bonus and winnings to be wiped out, thus leaving customers with very little to withdraw from.
1. The amount of no-wagering bonus is typically small compares to bonus with wagering requirements. Therefore, a generous size no-wagering bonus is difficult to come by.
2. Game restrictions – some games are not eligible.
check out our UK Casino Bonus Guide